Coaching is the facilitation of growth and change.
1. Coaching helps you to clarify your direction. Direction and vision are better than goals in this case. A coach can help you create a vision/direction statement that describes what you would be like when you have reached your goals.
2. Coaching helps you to strategize your actions which are needed in order to develop your vision into a reality
3. Coaching helps you upgrade your skills
4. Coaching helps you to optimize your environment.
You may optimize the environment by adding or subtracting from it.
5. Coaching helps you to optimize your own psychology
Coaching helps you with your doubts, your fears and your limiting ideas; for example, lack of forgiveness or inability to forgive. Coaching helps you with your self sabotage and other ways you get in your own way. Coaching helps you see what you bring from the 1st group you belonged to, your family, issues of trust/ independence/dependence, autonomy, power and control.
As I am frequently, known to say, ”The words “Family” and “Familiar” have the same root.” Family is familiar and it is what were used to even if we didn’t like some of the things it brought to our lives.